Monday, June 9, 2008

its a bird...its a plane... its a coon-skin cap??

There are lots of reasons why I love living in Portland!

Last weekend I was with one of my friends and we were about to pull out of her driveway when I exclaimed, "Watch out for the guy in the coon-skin cap!"
As he proceeded to walk by it became apparent that he was not actually wearing a coon-skin cap, it was only his gross ponytail protruding from underneath his backwards hat...

I love that after living here for a year and a half that I would automatically assume that he was wearing a coon-skin cap, of all things.

That's what we do here... we Keep Portland Weird!

Another friend of mine told me that while she was sitting in a coffee shop, she thought that she saw a guy walk by on stilts right outside the window. But in reality the street sloped sharply upwards and he was just really tall...

But I really did see 3 people unicycling down the street in the course of 1 week.
I guess that some people are really doing their part to "Keep Portland Weird" and the rest of us are just mentally compensating for it.

No comments: